The SmarterStartup Strategy Framework is a collection of free conceptual tools for improving odds of startup & new product success based on the original book, The Smarter Startup. You can read an in-depth discussion about the framework here.
The goal is to contribute to the collective body of knowledge that helps improve success rates, specifically by providing the concepts and frameworks that are lacking for opportunity discovery, business modeling and positioning. With the tools I developed with my co-author, startup entrepreneurs and product managers can reaffirm the dynamics of the market they’re entering and develop comprehensive vision definitions that are ready to be prototyped and validated in the market.
- Business Model Archetypes – The 7 fundamental types of business “personalities” that underpin every business model.
- 6 Market Dynamics – The 6 market dynamics that must be considered to evaluate opportunity and difficulties.
- Value Creation Plane – An analysis tool for understanding the spectrums of value and identifying opportunity to create new value.
- Opportunity Discovery – A systematic approach to ideating and evaluating startup and new product opportunity.
- Startup Scorecard – A tool for evaluating product concepts. Provides 18 heuristics, and builds upon the 6 market dynamics.
- Vision Definition – An applied tool for clarifying and articulating a targeted value statement (elevator pitch).
USE & LICENSING
The framework is free to use and made available via Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International license. You are welcome to copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format. You can also remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially. We only request that You give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.